School Spelling Bee winners named
Congratulations to 1st place winner of the 2019-2020 annual spelling bee, seventh grader, Noah Marquardt. The 2nd place winner was, fifth grader, David Shultz. Both will represent FHCS at the county-wide spelling bee held in January.
Junior class cupcake fundraiser
Rachel Featherstone, a member of the junior class and award-winning baker, is offering to make cupcakes for class parties and birthday celebrations as part of a junior class fundraiser. Simply click here to place an order! Contact Mrs. Linville with any questions.
The FHCS yearbook will be 100 pages. Because we cover the whole school year, the books are finished at the end of the school year and should be available to pick up in the summer. You may order a book anytime during the school year.
The books cost $26.99 for a softcover. The hardcover option is an additional $6.95 ($33.94). Shipping costs are included if you order during the school year. One of the nice things about Treering is that you can create 2 pages just for your book and those pages are included in the price of the book.
The easiest way to order a book is to order online at Treering Order Link If you've ordered in the past, you should be able to logon as you have before. You can alternatively go to Treering.com and use the following passcode: 1012886215133695. If you'd prefer to not order online or have other questions, please contact Mrs. Linville.
Stay Connected with School-wide Text Messaging
Stay up to date and informed of weather closings, early dismissals, school events and activities with the school-wide text messaging system. Sign up below.
School-Wide Text Message Sign Up
National School Choice Week
January 27-31 will be National School Choice Week which serves to raise public awareness of K-12 school choice options including public schools, charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online academics, and homeschooling and the importance of opportunity in education.
* Monday, 1/27: 8:30 am - FHCS or other SPORTS WEAR will be encouraged to be worn to Kick Off the week! ALL classes meet in the gym for a welcome pep rally. Prayer and pledges will take place followed by Mr. Snyder giving an explanation and highlights of School Choice Week. A school choice routine will be performed by the students and faculty and scarves will be thrown into the groups of students. Expect Fort Riley soldiers to be in attendance.
* Tuesday, 1/28: Hat day! Elementary (and secondary?) students will write thank you letters on FHCS letter head to their parents for sending them to FHCS.
* Wednesday, 1/29: Wear FHCS spirit wear! The 2020 seniors will parade down the elementary hallway displaying the grade they started at FHCS at 8:30. Elementary teachers have your students lined up on either side of the hallway to allow seniors to parade down the middle at 8:30. The secondary students will finish working on decorating their lockers to be completed by Thursday morning. The elementary students will have each student have an "I love FHCS" sign or writing to be displayed in the hallway nicely for Thursday. Graduation caps will also be "decorated" to be displayed on each grade's door on the elementary side. There is no secondary chapel.
* Thursday, 1/30: Dress to impress - all students should dress their best! Teachers, have your classrooms and hallway ready for the open house from 4:30 - 6:30. Look your best as well!
* Friday, 1/31: Wear yellow! Pep rally at 2:45 for all students in the gym. Mr. Snyder will wrap/rap things up. Mr. Parenti will have scheduled team games and the school choice routine will be performed again.
Discover FHCS: Enrollment Kick-Off + Cookies & Cocoa
January 30th from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Whether your child is a new student or an existing one, this event is the perfect opportunity for them to meet their new teacher(s) in advance, view the classroom(s) and be walked through what a typical day is like (ideal for students who are nervous about being placed in a new school or even current students who are bumping up a grade level). Our goal is to empower your child with confidence.
Additionally, new families can come learn about our three-step enrollment process and existing families our re-enrollment process.
Campus tours will be given and Cookies & Cocoa will be served!
Early Dismissal, February 6, 2pm (TPD)
There will be early dismissal on Thursday, February 6th at 2pm for (TPD) Teacher Professional Development.
Vision testing for all grades will be provided on Thursday, February 13th beginning at 8:30am.